California & Other States Rights for Children
Last Updated: April 26, 2023
If you need help understanding this US State Supplement, you should ask your adult to read it and talk with you about it. If you want to exercise the rights explained in this section, your adult may need to make the request for you depending on your age.
Categories of Personal Information We Collected and Shared
Here are the categories of personal information that we may have collected and processed when you use our Services, and with parental consent where necessary. The word “Services” means our ‘digital services,’ such as websites, mobile apps, games, subscription services, chat messages and fan pages/channels on third party social networks, and ‘offline services’, such as studio tours, attractions and exhibitions and events you attend as a consumer, passerby or guest:
- Identifiers – such as name, phone number, postal address, zip code, email address, account name or number, or other similar identifiers
- Characteristics of protected classifications – such as age or gender
- Unique and other online identifiers – such as IP address, device IDs, or other similar identifiers that relate to your device and its operating system
- Customer records and other commercial information – such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Internet or other electronic network activity information – such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our our websites, applications (“apps”), ads, content, services, connected devices (e.g., connected TVs), and other Services.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information – such as photos, videos and video footage(CCTV), or recordings that you choose to post to our Services or otherwise provide to us while using our Services
- Geolocation information - such as your device's general location in connection with the Platform
- Inferences or audience segmentation – such as individual profiles, preferences, characteristics, and behaviors
- Sensitive Personal Information, where permitted and, when necessary, with appropriate consent, such as:
- Account log-in, password, or credentials allowing access to an account
- Precise geolocation
- Information we know pertains to a child under 13
We may have collected disclosed, or otherwise processed these categories of personal information, including Sensitive Personal Information, for the following business purposes:
- Providing products or services you requested and performing services on behalf of the business, such as customer service, processing or fulfilling orders, providing content recommendations, and processing payments
- Maintaining or servicing accounts
- Auditing customer transactions and other internal risk management or compliance purposes
- Prevention of fraud, crime, and other harms, providing security, and protecting the integrity of our Services, products, or business
- Debugging or repairing or debugging systems or the Services, including to deliver intended functionality
- Contextual marketing and advertising in the Services based on what you are viewing or interacting with
- Internal research, analytics and development – e.g., user-preference analytics
- Developing, maintaining, provisioning or upgrading networks, products, services, or devices
We may have obtained personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from you – such as information you provide when you register or sign-up for our Services and technical and usage information when you use our Services or services
- Our affiliates - For a list of our affiliates, visit our affiliates page
- Our joint ventures and promotional and strategic partners
- Information suppliers
- Distributors and other vendors
- Other users who submit information about you – such as to invite you to participate in an offering, make recommendations, or share content
- Publicly available sources
Retention of Personal Information We retain personal information only for so long as reasonably needed to fulfill the purposes for which we collected or obtained it. We use reasonable business criteria to establish retention periods of information. For example, if you register on our Services, we will store your personal information for as long as needed to maintain your account, fulfill your requests, enforce any applicable terms that govern your use of the Services, maintain appropriate records of the above, or as otherwise required by law.
Disclosures of personal information
We may have disclosed, for a business purpose, the following categories of personal information to third parties:
- Characteristics of protected classifications
- Unique and other online identifiers
- Customer Records and commercial information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Geolocation Data
- Government identifiers
- Inferences or audience segmentation
- Sensitive Personal Information
We may have disclosed, for a business purpose, each of those categories of personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Affiliates – These entities are associated with us through common ownership. For a list of affiliates, visit our affiliates page
- Service Providers – These entities process information on our behalf for business purposes, helping us provide products or services to you
- Analytics Partners – These entities help us collect data on how our products or services are used, so that we can improve them and better understand our consumers
- Government Entities – These entities include law enforcement authorities, regulatory agencies, and courts
We do not share for targeted advertising, or otherwise sell, personal information about consumers we know to be under 16.
YOUR STATE-SPECIFIC RIGHTS
This section describes some of the state-specific privacy rights that are available to residents of the states that were mentioned at the beginning of this supplement. We have described these rights generally, without noting all applicable limitations or exceptions. When you make a request, we may provide more detailed information regarding whether your request is subject to applicable law, and whether any exception or limitation applies.
YOUR RIGHT TO ASK US TO DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon your request or the request of the adult who takes care of you, we will delete the personal information we have collected about you.
YOUR RIGHT TO ASK US FOR ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You or your adult have the right to ask us to confirm that we process your personal information, or to ask us for a copy of the specific personal information we have collected about you.
In addition, if you are a California resident, you have the right to request certain information about our practices in the prior 12 months with respect to personal information. In particular, you can request the following:
- The categories of personal information that we’ve collected
- The categories of sources from which we collected personal information
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected or sold personal information
You can submit a request to us for the following additional information:
- The categories of third parties to which we’ve shared or sold personal information, and the category or categories of personal information shared or sold to each
- The categories of third parties to which we’ve disclosed personal information, and the category or categories of personal information disclosed to each
YOUR RIGHT TO ASK US TO CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You or your adult can ask us to correct information about you that is inaccurate. We will take into account the nature of the personal information, where we obtained the personal information, and the purposes of our processing when we address your request. We may deny your request to correct if we determine that these circumstances make it more likely than not that the personal information we have is accurate.
Some of your information can be updated through settings in our apps and websites. Please check there first.
If you are unable to correct your information through those self-service tools please visit our Right to Correct Page.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR STATE SPECIFIC RIGHTS
You may exercise any of the rights described in this Supplement, or appeal our decision, if we declined your request, by visiting our Privacy Center. You can also contact us toll free at 833-WM-PRVCY (833-967-7829) or TTY: 833-PRVCY-TT (833-778-2988) and an agent will assist you with submitting a request. These requests are generally free. When you submit a request, we will usually ask you to provide an email address which we will contact to confirm the request was not fraudulently submitted.
If you are the parent or guardian of a minor child, you may also submit a request on behalf of your child. In that event, we will ask you to provide your child’s email address and to submit a signed form authorizing us to proceed with the request regarding your child’s personal information.
You may also designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf. Depending on the nature of the request, we may authenticate the request, such as by requiring a signed written permission from you that authorizes the agent to act on your behalf. A valid power of attorney will constitute signed written permission, but you are not required to obtain a power of attorney to use an authorized agent.
Your authorized agent can make a request by contacting us toll free at 833-WM-PRVCY (833-967-7829) or TTY: 833-PRVCY-TT (833-778-2988) or by visiting our Privacy Center.
YOUR RIGHT TO APPEAL
In certain situations, if we deny/cannot fulfill your request, you or your adult may appeal the denial by contacting us via [email protected] to ask us to review your request again.
OUR SUPPORT FOR THE EXERCISE OF YOUR DATA RIGHTS
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS TO REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRACTICES WITH RESPECT TO PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND SHARE ABOUT YOU
California Consumers under 16 Years Old
As of the Effective Date of this US State Supplement, we do not have actual knowledge that we share or sell personal information of consumers under 16 years of age.
California Consumers Under 18 Years Old
California Consumers who are registered users of the Services and under 18 years of age may request removal of content or information they posted on the Services. We will remove such content or information when we are required to do so by law. To request removal of content or information you posted on the Services, you may contact us at [email protected], or at: Privacy Office. Attention: Wizarding World Digital Data Privacy Team, 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 700, Burbank, CA 91522.
However, even if we remove the content or information that you posted, we cannot completely prevent further use or disclosure of that content or information by others once you have shared it in a publicly available forum.
CCPA Regulations require us to provide disclosure of metrics for the previous calendar year regarding certain requests by California residents. These metrics report the number of access, correction, and deletion requests we received, the number fulfilled in whole or in part, and the number denied as well as the mean number of days in which we substantively responded. That information can be found by navigating to the CCPA Metrics Reporting page.
NOTIFICATION REGARDING UPDATES
From time to time, we may update this US State Supplement. We will notify you about any material changes by placing a notice on our Services. We encourage you and your adult to periodically check back and review this US State Supplement so that you are up to date.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you or your adult have any questions about this Supplement, you can contact us and our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] or 833-WM-PRVCY (833-967-7829) or TTY: 833-PRVCY-TT (833-778-2988) or at Privacy Office, Attention: Wizarding World Digital Data Privacy Team, 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 700, Burbank, CA 91522. undefined